AS A TALK SHOW HOST…
Phil currently co-hosts the “Mackey & Judd Show,” weekdays 9a-1p with Judd Zulgad on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. He teamed up with Judd in February, 2014 after spending four years hosting alongside Twin Cities sports writing legend Patrick Reusse.
Prior to arriving at 1500 ESPN Twin Cities in early 2010 as one of the youngest daily sports radio hosts in the country, Mackey spent five years at KFAN Radio in Minneapolis, where he produced, hosted weekend shows and covered the Vikings beat for KFAN.com.
– 2012 National Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association Minnesota Sportscaster of the Year
– Among Talkers Magazine’s “Heavy Hundred Sports Talk Radio Hosts” for 2012, 2013 along with Reusse
– City Pages’ “Best Sports Talk Radio Host” (2011)
– Minneapolis – St. Paul Magazine’s “Best Fresh Voice” (2011)
AS A PODCASTER…
– Founder and host of the “How to Live a Cool Life” podcast
– Co-host of 1500 ESPN’s “Touch ’em All” podcast
– Helped to build the 1500 ESPN Podcast Network from scratch in 2014. The network now includes 10 shows and counting.
AS A COLUMNIST…
– General columnist from 2010-present, writing mostly saber- and analytics-driven pieces about the Twins, Wolves and Vikings
– Covered Minnesota Twins beat for three seasons (2010-2012)
– Writing work regularly linked and repurposed on national platforms over the years (Yahoo!, NBC, ESPN, MLB Trade Rumors & more)